Wednesday, September 13, 2017

BASKET OF WISHES CARD:

Hello there! Here's another card we made last week at my Card Buffet featuring the set Basket of Wishes. I started with an Early Espresso base and cut out 3 leaves using the Leaflets Framelits. I trimmed 1/4" off of the edge and attached a strip of Old Olive Mini Chevron Ribbon to the inside edge of the card.

I then glued pieces of Coffee Break DSP to the backs of the cut-outs with Liquid Tombow. I covered the DSP with another piece of Early Espresso so it wasn't exposed. Next I stamped the basket & succulent image with Soft Suede ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and punched it out with the 2" Circle Punch, I think. I colored in the basket with a Blender Pen and the Soft Suede pad. I colored the succulents with Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive Markers. I went over the basket outline with an Early Espresso Marker.

I then stamped the banner with the set Bloomin' Love using Pear Pizzazz ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. I stamped the sentiment with Soft Suede ink and used the Large Numbers Framelits to cut it out. I added a few Glue Dots to the back of the circle and swirled some Copper Metallic Thread on it. I attached it to the base with a couple of Dimensionals vertically. I then added a strip of DSP from the Wood Textures DSP Stack with SNAIL, and tucked it underneath the circle.

I attached the banner with SNAIL on the left side and a Dimensional on the right. I finished it off with a few sequins from the Iridescent Assortment and attached them with tiny drops of Liquid Tombow.

I had a couple of newbies last week who had never stamped before and they tackled this card. It was a more advanced card and they both nailed it! I was kind of afraid I scared them off, but they're both in for next month! Stop back tomorrow for another fun project. Thanks so much for coming by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment