Friday, April 7, 2017

JAR OF LOVE CARD:

Hello there! I thought with all the sunshine today this would be the perfect card to share with you:) I had a request for a May Day card at my Card Buffet so I put Jar of Love and Scenic Sayings to work. I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a layer of Tasty Treats DSP on top. I stamped the jar with Pool Party ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. I added the water line and 'Friend' in Pool Party as well. I stamped the stems with Pear Pizzazz ink and the leaves with Cucumber Crush ink onto the same cardstock.

I cut out the leaves and flowers with the coordinating Everyday Jars Framelits (and saved 10%:). I then used Peekaboo Peach, Blushing Bride & Wisteria Wonder ink for the flower's centers. I stamped the sentiment from Scenic Sayings with Cucumber Crush ink and stapled a piece of Cucumber Crush Striped Ribbon to the Whisper White Cardstock. I used the Duet Banner Punch to punch out half of a banner from So Saffron Cardstock. I had to get creative since SU! doesn't have a May Day sentiment, so I inked up the word 'May' from Wild About Flowers with a Wisteria Wonder Marker. I attached the banner piece with a Dimensional, overlapping the staple slightly.

I attached the Cucumber leaves and Wisteria flower with Liquid Tombow, and the Blushing Bride flower with a Glue Dot. I attached the Peekaboo Peach flowers with Dimensionals. I added a Blushing Bride Baker's Twine bow and tucked it under the flower with a rolled Glue Dot. I finished it off with a couple strips of Affectionately Yours Washi Tape.

I was so happy to see the sunshine today with all the doom & gloom we've had lately. Hopefully this card spread a little sunshine your way as well. Make sure to come back tomorrow for a sweet May Day nifty-gifty. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment