Saturday, April 15, 2017

BIRTHDAY FIESTA CARD:

Hello there! Here's another card we made at my Card Buffet last week featuring the Birthday Fiesta bundle. The inside sentiment says Happy Cinco de Mayo made with the Labeler Alphabet-so much fun! You can customize it for whatever occasion you need. But it could also work as a birthday card using the sentiment included in the stamp set.

I started with a Pumpkin Pie base and ran it through the Big Shot using the Festive Embossing Folder. I added a piece of the Festive Birthday DSP on top. Next, I stamped the banners with Tempting Turquoise ink onto the same color cardstock, and then repeated with Melon Mambo. I stamped the cactus with Emerald Envy ink and the flower with Melon Mambo onto Whisper White Cardstock. I used the coordinating Fiesta Time Framelits to cut them all out.

I layered the banners onto the card base with Glue Dots. I then cut out a circle from Crushed Curry Cardstock using the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I added the cactus and flower with Glue Dots and added a Rhinestone Jewel to the center. I masked off the bottom sentiment with retired washi tape and stamped the 'Fiesta' with Tempting Turquoise ink. I removed the tape and colored the bottom with a Pumpkin Pie Marker, and stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White Cardstock. I attached it with a Glue Dot on the left and a Dimensional on the right so it would lay flat.

I'm sad to say most everything on this card is retiring:( The Birthday Fiesta stamp set, Fiesta Time Framelits, Festive Birthday DSP and Festive Embossing Folder will all be going away. I still have a couple of cards to share from my Card Buffet, so make sure to come back by tomorrow. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment