Saturday, March 4, 2017

MINI EGG CARTON FAVORS:

Hello there! These are the fun little favors I had waiting for my Card Buffet attendees the other night. I used the adorable Mini Egg Cartons found in the Occasions Catalog and the idea for the tags came from Carolynn Sander at www.carebearstamps.blogspot.com. I also used the Basket Bunch Bundle and Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishments Kit.

I left some of the cartons natural and added color to some. I filled a Stampin' Spritzer about 3/4 full of alcohol, added 12 drops of reinker and shook well. I used Daffodil Delight and Pool Party Ink Refills. It uses up most of the spritzer for 1 carton.

I glued down what I thought was a Delicate White Doily, but I think I used the retired ones, oops:) Anyway, I used Liquid Tombow and adhered a Pool Party circle on top cut out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits. I made a medallion out of a 1" x 11" strip of Early Espresso Cardstock and used the Simply Scored board to score it at 1/4" intervals. I added one of the gorgeous C&C tags on top. I used the Layering Circles Framelits to cut out the scallop circle from Gold Glimmer Paper and Daffodil Delight Cardstock. I find cardstock sticks best to the Glimmer Paper with Glue Dots.

I stamped the sentiment with Early Espresso ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and used the Popcorn Box Thinlits to cut out the tag. And seriously, wouldn't the world be a better place if we could all abide by this sentiment? I wrapped the gold baker's twine around one of the paper bows, added a mini tassel and tied a bow, using the components from the C&C Embellishments Kit.

I made the sweet little bunny using the Basket Bunch set with Early Espresso ink & cardstock. I cut him out with the coordintating Basket Builder Framelits, and colored him in with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. I let him dry for a couple of hours and then added the eye by stamping the bunny head onto Whisper White Cardstock and using the 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch to punch it out. I used a tiny drop of Liquid Tombow to adhere and used the Early Espresso Marker to fill in any white areas around the eye. I strung a strip of Blushing Bride Sequin Trim through the tassel and added a few sequins with Liquid Tombow.

I added some Easter grass and Cadbury Mini Eggs, which coordinated perfectly I might add! Doesn't take much to make me happy:)

I ended up having exactly enough so everyone was able to go home with one. They were a little time-consuming but so worth the effort:) Check back tomorrow for another Easter card we made. Thanks so much for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Super cute, love all the little details that kicks it over the top. Your guest were very lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too sweet:) Thank you Elaine:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I adore these! I just randomly came accross this post just over 2 years later! Thank you for the shout out & I love what you created here today! 💖

    ReplyDelete