Friday, February 10, 2017

ADORING ARROWS JANUARY PAPER PUMPKIN:

Hello there! Stopping in to share this fun Paper Pumpkin kit called Adoring Arrows. I wanted to make these for Gabe & Q to take to school for their Valentine parties, but they were a little girly. And then I came across a Facebook post from Sara where she was making these fun little slimy guys, and I thought they'd be perfect to guy up their Valentines a little:)

The kit contains enough supplies to make 24 of these sweet little bags, the layered gold/vellum striped banners and the fun gold-tipped arrows. I added a few Hersheys Kisses & Hugs, and stapled the bags shut. I folded a piece of retired gold striped washi tape over the top to hide the staple. I layered the vellum banner over the gold trimmed banner with Glue Dots and attached it to the bag with Glue Dots as well.

I stamped 'Slimer' from the set Yummy In My Tummy with Basic Grey Archival ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. Now for the fun part! I got a new bottle of the Fine-Tip Glue Pen and unscrewed the top. I added about 10 drops of Cucumber Crush Ink Refill, screwed the top back on and shook it up good, and voila-slime! The fine tip worked perfectly for those tiny fingers. I outlined him first and then went back and filled him in. It takes at least an hour to dry-maybe longer, depending how much glue you use. When it dries, it has an awesome slimy-looking texture:) I'm sure I'll think of lots of other ideas for this fun technique! I added 3 Dimensionals to the back of the heart, added a line of Liquid Tombow and attached the arrow. I finished it off with a bit of Calypso Coral Thick Baker's Twine.


I wanted to have a little treat for the attendees at my Card Buffet last week. All of the bags were spoken for between Gabe and Quinten's classmates, so I used one of the bags as a template to make my own using the Sending Love DSP Stack. I had to make the bags a tad smaller as the DSP wasn't quite as wide, but it worked fine.


I used the banners, gold thread and heart from the kit.

I wrapped a piece of Blushing Bride Solid Baker's Twine around the bag & tied a bow. I finished it off with a heart from the Metallics Sequin Assortment.

Another awesome Paper Pumpkin kit-can't wait to see what I get this month! Stop back tomorrow for another Card Buffet project. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment