Thursday, January 5, 2017

SNOW PLACE CARD:

Hello there! Just got home from my second Card Buffet and it was a hit! The great group I have grew even more tonight:) If you're not familiar with how a Card Buffet works, I'll fill you in, but first I want to give credit where due for this adorable card we made tonight. This was 1 of the 15 choices they were able to pick from. I found it on Pinterest, made by Cynthia van der Wilk. You can see her original here:  www.magicalscrapworld.blogspot.nl. I changed a few things up to simplify it a bit, but loved her creation:)

I started with a Whisper White base using the Snow Place stamp set. I stamped the snowmen & snowflakes with Smoky Slate ink. I stamped the snowmen about an inch from the edge, stamping them at an angle to get them all to fit. I then used my Paper Snips to cut around them to expose the fun striped DSP behind them. I'm not sure how Cynthia cut them out, as her blog is in German I think?

I cut the arms out of Early Espresso Cardstock using the coordinating Snow Friends Thinlits and adhered them with Liquid Tombow.  I stamped the scarf and bow ties with Real Red ink and used the thinlits to cut them out as well. I attached the bow ties with Glue Dots, and the scarf with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment with Real Red ink onto a strip of Whisper White Cardstock and adhered with SNAIL.

I added a strip of DSP from the Regals DSP Stack to the inside of the card along the edge. Thank you Cynthia for sharing your adorable card!

As I mentioned earlier, they had 15 cards to choose from. Here's the cards that were available, and they'll all be coming back next month so the gals can make the ones they didn't get time to make tonight.

If you're not familiar with how a Card Buffet works, here's the details: Just like a traditional buffet, my guests get to pick what looks good to them and decide on the quantity as well. The mix is up to them-which is why it's called a Card Buffet! I have flexible hours-anytime between 4-8pm, so they can come when it's convenient for them:)

Make sure to stop back tomorrow, as I'll have another card to share and I'll go into more detail about the Card Buffet process. Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments: