Saturday, January 7, 2017

LIFT ME UP CARD:

Hello there! Here's another one of the cards we made at my Card Buffet using some brand new products. I used the stamp set Lift Me Up and coordinating Up & Away Thinlits, found in the Occasions Catalog. As always, when you bundle them together, you save 10%! I started with a piece of Mint Macaron Cardstock and stamped the clouds in the same. I then stamped additional clouds on Whisper White Cardstock and used the thinlits to cut them out. I attached them with SNAIL and added some sweet little Watermelon Wonder hearts punched with the Cookie Builder Punch.

I stamped the hot air balloons with Watermelon Wonder onto Peekaboo Peach Cardstock and used the thinlits to cut them out as well. I adhered them with Dimensionals. I made the fun pocket card using the coordinating Carried Away DSP. This is one of the Sale-A-Bration choices that you can get for FREE with a $50 purchase. So you could purchase the wood-mount bundle and get the DSP for FREE, or get the clear-mount set and add something for $4.25 to get you to $50. I cut the envelope at an angle and tied a piece of Night of Navy Baker's Twine around it.

I stamped the sentiment with Watermelon Wonder onto a strip of Crumb Cake Cardstock and attached with Dimensionals. I thought this would make a good masculine Valentine's Day card, or there are plenty of other sentiments for other occasions.

Since the structure of a Card Buffet is different from a class, I can't give everyone directions for each card, as they're all working on something different, so I type up step-by-step directions and attach them to the lid of the tote. I try to keep the majority of the designs fairly simple, but there are some that require the directions. As I'm designing the card, I jot down the steps as I go so it makes it quick & easy to type the instructions up later.

I got the inspiration for this card from our demonstrator magazine and just changed a few things up. If you didn't get to make this card don't worry, it will be coming back next month on Thursday, February 2nd. Hope to see you there! Make sure to stop back again tomorrow for another Valentine's Day card. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment