Tuesday, August 9, 2016

SWIRLY BIRD CARD:

Hello there! Today I have a card to share with you made with the Swirly Bird/Swirly Scribbles Bundle. I saved 10% by purchasing them together:) I started with a Basic Black base and added some strips of DSP from the Neutrals DSP Stack. On top of that I added another layer of Basic Black Cardstock and stamped the background with Versamark. I added Black Embossing Powder and heat set the design with the Heat Tool.

I cut out the swirls using the Big Shot and Basic Black Cardstock. I placed the swirls where I wanted them and used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to add some tiny dots of adhesive. I then sprinkled them with Gold Glitter and used a paintbrush to get rid of the excess glitter. I added the glitter before I attached it to the card base and added the other elements to the card.

I then added a couple strips of Playful Palette Washi Tape to the lower right and glued the swirls in place using Liquid Tombow. I added a piece of Gold Sequin Trim by tying it to the retired wood cut-out with Gold Metallic Thread, and tied a bow~not the easiest thing to do! I finished it off by scattering a few sequins adhered with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

I've had this bundle for a couple of months and was glad to finally put it to use. I love the texture the thinlits add to this card and the elegance of it. This is one of the most popular bundles in the catalog so you'll be able to find lots of ideas for it on the SU! site and on Pinterest. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment