Friday, July 22, 2016

THOUGHTFUL BRANCHES CARD #2:

Hello there! Back with another beauty I found on the SU! site using the Thoughtful Branches/Beautiful Branches Bundle. This is such a versatile set and can be used for so many occasions. I started out with a Sahara Sand base and on top of that I added a layer of Watercolor Paper. I stamped the card all over with the leaf design using VersaMark ink and heat-embossed it with White Embossing Powder. I then went over the Watercolor Paper with an AquaPainter, or you could use a paintbrush and water. Next, I added a couple drops of Daffodil Delight ink into a container and a few drops of water to wash the center of the paper. I then added some Pumpkin Pie ink around the edges and blended. I emptied most of the water out of the AquaPainter and added a couple drops of Pumpkin Pie ink, shook it good and added the ink spatter by tapping the AquaPainter on my index finger.

I set that aside to dry and cut out the leaves using the Beautiful Branches Framelits & Big Shot with Sahara Sand Cardstock. Next I stamped the sentiment with Whisper White Craft ink onto Watermelon Wonder Cardstock and heat-embossed it with White Embossing Powder. I used the Layering Circles Framelits to cut it out. I added a swirl of Gold Metallic Thread to the back and secured with a few Glue Dots.

Once the Watercolor Paper had dried, I stamped the leaf image 3 times with Basic Grey Archival ink. I folded a length of Watermelon Wonder Mini Striped Ribbon on one end, securing it with Fast Fuse and attached it to the card base with Fast Fuse as well. I used it again to add the layer of Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon on top. I attached the sentiment with Dimensionals and added the leaves with Glue Dots.

I'm not the best watercolorer in the world but using the Watercolor Paper really helps. I'm off to make 7 more of these, so I'll definitely get some practice in!

L2_ThoughtfulBranches_Demo-Jul0716_ENG

Remember the Thoughtful Branches/Beautiful Branches Bundle is only available for a limited-time. It will only be available August 2nd through August 31st. You can save $5 or more on this bundle by earning Bonus Bucks through the end of July. For every $50 you spend in July, you get a $5 Bonus Buck coupon which you can redeem in August. There's no limit to how many coupons you can earn, and no limit to how many you can redeem on your August purchase! See more details on my online store at:  www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net.


Make sure to stop back for more fun ideas using this bundle. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I saw this card over on SCS and had to pop over and tell you how much I love it. You are such a talented lady. Your projects are always so wonderful. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much sweet friend:) YOU'RE the talented one!!! Hugs to you too Connie:)

    ReplyDelete