Saturday, May 28, 2016

HAPPY PATTERNS CARD:

Hello there! I have another card to share with some retiring products. I got the idea for this card on the SU! site. Theirs was way cuter but I didn't have everything they used, so I improvised. I started with a Bermuda Bay base and used one of the masks from the Happy Patterns Decorative Masks. I used a Sponge Dauber and a Bermuda Bay stamp pad. On top of that I added a Crushed Curry layer that I ran through the Big Shot with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder.

Next I used another mask from the Happy Patterns pack and stamped the sentiment and dots with a dauber and a Melon Mambo pad. The birthday sentiment was made with a smaller alphabet on the original, but the smallest I had was a retired alphabet die called Go-Go Boots. I used Crushed Curry Cardstock and trimmed a bit off the tops so they didn't cover too much of the happy. I also used the set Crazy About You with Whisper White Craft ink onto Basic Black Cardstock. I used White Embossing Powder to emboss the sentiment and cut it out with Paper Snips.

The original design used a Project Life Kit that I didn't have for the circle halves and washi tape. I used the Everyday Adventure Card Collection that retired last year, but is still available on the Clearance Rack I think. I just used the 1" Circle Punch to cut a circle from one of the cards, cut it in half and adhered to the card with retired washi tape.

I discovered that the PL cards also work perfectly for the inside of the cards as well. I always have tons left over and don't know what to do with them. Just stamp your sentiment on one of them and you're all set! I love this sentiment from Pretty Thankful. I need to make a card with it as well and share before it goes away too:(

Only a few more days to share as many retiring products as I can, so I'm off to make some more:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment