Monday, May 30, 2016

A WHOLE LOT OF LOVELY CARD:

Hello there! Happy Memorial Day to you. It started out to be a dreary day but it's beautiful out there now. Just got done with a bike ride and wanted to share this card made with the retiring Hostess set A Whole Lot of Lovely. I've been going through the catalog and picking samples that I wanted to duplicate before it's time to put it to bed. I started with a Mint Macaron base and used the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder with the help of the Big Shot. On top of that I added a layer of the gold pattern in the Neutral DSP Stack. I used the flower image with Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, Crushed Curry and the brand new Peekaboo Peach In Color for the background on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock.

Underneath the white panel I added a strip of Gold Fancy Foil Vellum. I cut a piece of Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Trim in half and adhered it to the vellum with Glue Dots. On top of that I added a strop of Gold Sequin Trim with Glue Dots as well. I attached the vellum to the card with Glue Dots on the stripes to keep them hidden.

I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and heat-embossed it with Gold Embossing Powder. I used the 2" Circle Punch to cut it out and added a few Glue Dots to the back. I added some Gold Metallic Thread and attached it with Dimensionals. I added a few sequins and adhered them with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

Still got a few more ideas rolling around in my head, so I better get busy and try to knock out a few more cards before the new catalog goes live on Wednesday! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment