Monday, April 4, 2016

NUMBER OF YEARS CARD:

Hello there! Back today with another card for the Creative Crew. And I gotta say I just want to get this one out of the way. The challenge was to make a  garden project with flowers or veggies with a path leading to a lake. Needless to say by the looks of this card, I struggled with this one! I used the set Timeless Textures for the lake, stamping it in Marina Mist. I used it also for the path using Soft Suede ink.

I used the Number of Years set for the flowers in Hello Honey, Wisteria Wonder, Blushing Bride and Wild Wasabi. I stamped the clouds with Soft Sky ink. I stamped the image onto Watercolor Paper and cut it out with the Ovals Framelits and Big Shot. I then sprayed the image with alcohol hoping it would soften up and look like it was watercolored~it didn't.

I then stamped a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and attached the oval with Dimensionals. I added a butterfly made with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and the Butterflies Thinlits. I then added the sentiment on top which was stamped with Crumb Cake ink, and adorned it with Venetian Crochet Trim.

I added some Clear Wink of Stella over the stamped images to give it a little extra something...not sure that it helped. I do have to say that the butterfly may have saved this card from the trash can that I was sure it was destined for! (Can you tell that I'm not all that enthused with this project?) Now that this is out of the way, I have a couple more projects to share that I was happy with. Make sure to stop back tomorrow. Thanks so much for coming by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment