Sunday, April 3, 2016

CIRCLE OF SPRING CARD:

Hello there! This is one of the cards I came up with for the Creative Crew this month. We were to make a card using a special fold and incorporate the It's My Party DSP from the Occasions Catalog. I found this Flap Fold design on Splitcoaststampers here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/flapfoldcard/. I started with a Crushed Curry base and used the stamp set Circle of Spring with Sahara Sand ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. I used the Wonderful Wreath Framelits along with the Big Shot to cut out the wreath and bow.

I used the Circles Framelits to cut out the circle, and used the edge of the die to lightly trace a circle around the cut- out. I then used the Essentials Paper-piercing Template, Mat & Tool to add the detail. The template didn't have a circle big enough, so I moved the template along the pencil line and erased it after the paper-piercing was done. I stamped the small flower onto Whisper White Cardstock using Sahara Sand ink and colored it with a Crushed Curry Marker. I used a 1" Circle Punch and paper-pierced it as well.

I colored the wreath with Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride & Mint Macaron Markers. I used the Cutie Pie Thinlits with Melon Mambo Cardstock for the scallop border and added a piece of Blushing Bride Sequin Trim over the top with Glue Dots.

I added the It's My Party DSP and stamped the sentiment with Melon Mambo ink from A Dozen Thoughts. I attached the wreath and flower with Dimensionals, making sure to overlap the scallop border so it could be tucked behind the flower.

I finished it off with a Blushing Bride Sequin to the flower center using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Make sure to stop back tomorrow for another project. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment