Wednesday, April 6, 2016

ALTOID MINI ALBUM (Elise):

Hello there! I'm back to share my final Creative Crew project...and my most favorite! We were to come up with a mini album. To be honest, I dreaded this challenge. I don't like to scrapbook and I knew it would be a lot of work and I really didn't have the time, but once I quit making excuses and started on it, I knew it would be well worth it.

Our demonstrator magazine Stampin' Success had a tutorial for this Altoid Tin mini album awhile back and I made one for my grandson Quinten. I promised Olivia I'd make one for the new baby, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. Here's the post for Quinten's album with more specific directions:  http://www.laurasworksofheart.blogspot.com/2015/06/happy-thoughts-june-paper-pumpkin.html.  If this link doesn't work, just go to the right side of my blog and click on June> 2015 where I featured the tin as one of my Paper Pumpkin alternatives.

I used the Love Blossoms DSP Stack from the Occasions Catalog, along with the Neutrals Color Collection DSP Stack. I was supposed to use It's My Party DSP but didn't discover that til I was done, so hopefully they'll forgive me:(  I stapled a piece of Whisper White Satin Ribbon to the top, making sure it was long enough to tide around the album. I used several stamp sets, and for the cover I used Bloomin' Love with Blushing Bride ink on Whisper White Cardstock. I cut the heart out with my Paper Snips and attached it to the DSP and ribbon with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment and banner with Whisper White Craft ink onto a Gold Foil Sheet and heat-embossed it with White Embossing Powder. I cut it out with my Snips and attached it to the heart. I strung a piece of retired gold cording through a Subtles Button and attached with a Glue Dot. Underneath the heart, I made a swirl with Gold Metallic Thread and adhered with Glue Dots. I added DSP to the inside top of the tin and ran a piece of retired washi tape around the inside bottom.


I started with a Blushing Bride base measuring 11 1/2" X 3 1/2". It was supposed to be 12 x 3 1/2 but I didn't have any 12 x 12, so I made this work by extending the top piece with DSP. Each panel measures 2 1/8" x 3 1/2".


I was so excited to finally have a little girl grandbaby after 2 boys. This is Elise and she is almost 8 months old. Her room is gold and pink, so I knew what the color scheme would be. I used the Alphabet Rotary Stamp with Delightful Dijon ink to add her birth date~which I screwed up, but I wasn't going to start over. I'll just glue a 5 over the 6, grrrr. I added strips of gold washi tape and the SAB Metallic Glitter Ribbon, both of which are retired now, but they worked with the color scheme, so I had to go with them:) I added a Bow Paper Clip Embellishment and some Blushing Bride Sequin Trim for some extra cuteness.

I made a little pocket with DSP and added a tag made with Whisper White Cardstock and the Scallop Tag Topper Punch. I added another Subtles Button with gold cording.

I used the set Sweet Stack for the sentiment and added some Gold Sequin Trim and Whisper White Baker's Twine.

I mimicked what I did on the cover for one of the panels and added the hearts in the bottom panel with the stamp set Watercolor Wishes.

I had enough pictures to do the other side, so I had to keep going.

Some panels took a little more work, but for some a few scattered sequins and stamped flowers were enough.
For this panel I cut a strip of  Whisper White Cardstock the same width as a piece of washi tape and adhered it . I added the sequin trim with Glue Dots and layered it all on top of a Metallic Foil Doily.


I used the stamp set Sweet Stack again for the sentiment in the bottom panel and used the same embellishments as in the other panels.

When I finished the  mini album, I used the satin ribbon to hold it togehter by tying a knot.

I used the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch for all the edges so it would tuck inside the tin perfectly.


I was so happy with how this little scrapbook turned out and Olivia was thrilled to have it. Now I'm going to need to make another one for Gabey! Make sure to click on the Creative Crew button on the right side of my blog to see the other projects the crew came up with. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment