Wednesday, March 9, 2016

THAT THING YOU DID CARD:

Hello there! Today is our son Joel's birthday and this is the card I made for him using the set That Thing You Did. He's an old soul and loves anything & everything vintage, so it was a perfect fit:) I wanted to go with a 70's fashion style, so I knew I needed a rainbow in the mix. I started with an Early Espresso base and added strips of Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush & Pacific Point Cardstock.. I then stamped the dotted border with Early Espresso as well.

I ran a piece of Whisper White Cardstock through the Big Shot using the Stars Framelits. I stamped the sentiment with Daffodil Delight ink and then used Pumpkin Pie ink on the edges. I stamped the starburst image again using Early Espresso ink and cut it out with Paper Snips. I then used the Eclectic Paper-piercing Pack, Mat & Tool to add some interest. I added a piece of scrap Whisper White Cardstock to a piece of Glitter Metallics Tape and punched out the star using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I removed the cardstock from the tape and adhered it to the starburst. I then attached to the star with a Dimensional.

Next I punched the clouds out of Soft Sky Cardstock using the Cupcake Builder Punch. I added some sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment and attached them with Glue Dots.

Joel is visiting some friends in Colorado and texted me that he loved his card from the airplane. You can bet your bippy they'll be celebrating big today! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment