Tuesday, March 1, 2016

HELLO SUNSHINE FEBRUARY PAPER PUMPKIN:

Hello there! I've finally gotten to February's Paper Pumpkin~Hello Sunshine and wanted to share my projects with you.:)

This is the awesome stamp set that came with this month's kit. I love this fun font and will be using these a lot. The kit came with a Blackberry Bliss spot.

These are the 3 designs included made according to the instructions. Check out the adorable envelopes~so cute!

This is one of the alternate ideas that was found on the SU! site. Such a fun idea using the Kraft Tag A Bag Gift Bags.

I cut apart one of the envelopes~which was painful! and made a little sheet of stationery to write a note on. I used a Clothespin to attach it to the Kraft Gift Bag envelope. I finished it off with a Whisper White Baker's Twine bow.

This is another card made by a SU! artist, and I love the simplicity of it. And if the envelopes weren't cute enough~check out the inside as well.

And here's 1 more that I found on the SU! site. Go to www.stampinup.com to see the originals. I'm so glad they share their alternate ideas with us:) I inked up each flower in a different color using Calypso Coral, Pool Party & Bermuda Bay, So Saffron & Blushing Bride. The sentiment was stamped with Bermuda Bay and I added a swirl of Gold Metallic Thread underneath.

Here's a shot of the envelope~isn't it just the cutest? I simply folded the card so the printed design would go on the inside and added the flowers to the corner.

For this card I added some In Color Washi Tape and a Blushing Bride flower that I cut out with Paper Snips. I stamped the flower centers with So Saffron ink and used the Owl Builder Punch to pop them out.


On this one I desecrated another envelope:( and attached the label to the base with Dimensionals. I added a piece of Blackberry Bliss Cardstock and rounded the edges using the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch. I added a Pool Party flower which I cut out by hand.

I found the layout for this card on Pinterest. I started with one of the printed card bases provided and added a layer of Wildflower Fields DSP, which I adhered a border of Tea Lace Paper Doilies to. I added a piece of It's My Party Washi Tape over the top and tied a piece of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine around the base. I cut a piece of scrap cardstock and covered it with the brand new SAB Metallics Glitter Tape. I then placed one of the butterflies from the Butterflies Thinlits on top and ran it through the Big Shot. The tape is kinda thick so I ran it through once, put it in reverse and ran it through a 3rd time to make sure it cut all the way through. I cut out another butterfly from Vellum Cardstock, which I stamped with a floral design and the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. Finally, I added a Bow Paper Clip Embellishment.

For my last card I used the Kinda Eclectic stamp set and used So Saffron ink for the starburst. I stamped the giraffe from Zoo Babies in Pool Party and cut it out with my Paper Snips. I added a Crushed Curry Baker's Twine bow and Sweet Li'l Things Washi Tape. I finished it off with a retired Home For Christmas Button.

My little buddy Q came over today and hung out with us because his mommy and sissy have the flu:( I told him I had to work on cards and he wanted to 'help' as always. Gabe is having his tonsils & adnoids removed tomorrow, so we decided he'd make a Get Well card for him. Then he decided he wanted to make one for mommy and sissy too and daddy and for himself too. He picked yellow for Gabe, purple for mommy, orange for sissy, red for him and black for daddy... because he's black, lol. Anyway, after I cut the cardstock and got his little desk set up, he said he was done:) Maybe we'll make more progress tomorrow:)

This was one of my favorite kits and now I'm ready for Spring to get here! If you're interested in possibly getting this kit, sign up for Paper Pumpkin by March 10th, and you'll be able to order the kit/refill when it becomes available again for Paper Pumpkin subscribers...and you'll be able to attend my Paper Pumpkin Party on the last Thursday of the month:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Laura!!! I love the idea of cutting the fancy envelope design out and layering it on the floral card base! The butterfly card is elegant and the baby card is adorable!!! Great ideas!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Barbara! I hope they inspire you to make some great projects:)

    ReplyDelete