Thursday, March 3, 2016

GOING GLOBAL CARD:

Hello there! Just popping in to share one of my cards for the Creative Crew challenge this month. We were to focus on the Going Global DSP Stack found in the Occasions Catalog. Since it was on backorder and I didn't get it in time for the deadline, I just focused on the colors in the DSP. I started with a Very Vanilla base and added a layer of Typeset DSP.

I ran another design of DSP through the Big Shot using the World Traveler Embossing Folder. I used the set Going Global and stamped the compass image with Sahara Sand ink. I like the textured effect of stamping over the embossed paper. I colored the stars on the Big Dipper image with a Basic Black Marker and stamped them in the background.

I stamped the compass image onto Sahara Sand Cardstock with Sahara Sand ink and punched it out with the 2" Circle Punch. I punched a hole in the center with the 1/8" Circle Handheld Punch and added an Antique Brad. I stamped the sentiment with Basic Black Archival ink onto Lost Lagoon Cardstock and cut it out with the Large Numbers Framelits. I added a piece of Bohemian Washi Tape and stapled a piece of Lost Lagoon Striped Ribbon with the Handheld Stapler & Mini Staples.

I added a swirl of Gold Metallic Thread and attached the compass & banner with Dimensionals. All of the projects this month were to be geared towards the guys in our life, so that was a challenge. And not having the DSP to work with didn't help either. So I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm not really thrilled with how this card turned out, so I thought I'd get it out of the way first. Check back tomorrow for a much funner card. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment