Sunday, January 10, 2016

WINTER WISHES CARD:

Hello there! Today I'm sharing a card made with the set Winter Wishes. This set just retired with the Holiday Catalog, and I really hate posting projects using retired projects, but I ran out of time to use it:( I'm working on cards for our church Card Ministry and wanted to get some use out of this set, especially when most of us could use some warm wishes right now as it's freezing! I started with a Tip Top Taupe base and added a layer of Farmer's Market DSP on top. I stamped the sled image with Tip Top Taupe ink onto the same color cardstock and cut out the circle using the Big Shot and Circles Framelits.

I stamped 2 of the skate images onto Whisper White Cardstock and colored them with Early Espresso and Smoky Slate Markers. I filled the background in with a Crumb Cake Marker and drew lines with a Tip Top Taupe Marker to resemble the woodgrain of the sled behind them. I used a Sponge Dauber with Tip Top Taupe ink to add some age to the skates. I cut them out and layered with a Dimensional in between. I used the Paper-piercing Tool to poke 2 holes through the sled, strung a piece of Whisper White Baker's Twine through them and tied a bow.

I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Always Artichoke Cardstock with the same color ink, as well as the greenery. I stamped the pinecones onto Soft Suede Cardstock using Early Espresso ink, and cut them all out with my Paper Snips. I didn't really think this through, as I now have to do this for 12 cards~oh well, I'm definitely going to get to spend time with this set:) I tucked the skates under the bow and adhered with SNAIL, as well as the greenery and pinecones.

I had visions for this set as soon as I saw it and they looked something like this. It has a nostalgic feel for me as it reminds me of the times we'd go ice skating on the pond in our neighborhood when I was a kid. We'd have so much fun and stay out so long that we could hardly walk home because our toes were frozen solid. I remember my grandma rubbing my feet in her hands to help them defrost. Such happy times:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I remember those days too! White skates were so feminine, they made me feel so graceful.

    ReplyDelete