Monday, January 4, 2016

SNOW PLACE MAGNET:

Hello there! Back today with my final project for the Creative Crew Design Team this month. This challenge was the most challenging for me. We were to repurpose an item from our kitchen into something we could give as a gift to a friend. I had many thoughts running through my head, but I finally decided to go with this cute little mason jar lid magnet. It features the Snow Place/Snow Friends Bundle, and several other items from the Holdiay Catalog that will be retiring today:(

I took the insert out from the canning jar lid and traced around it onto a piece of Soft Sky DSP from the Subtles Color Collection DSP Stack. I cut it out and repeated the process with Whisper White Cardstock 3 times for the snow, cutting drifts of varying heights. I glued the insert to the lid using Crystal Effects, and glued the Soft Sky circle to the insert as well.

I stamped the snowman with Crumb Cake ink onto Whisper White and cut him out with the Snow Friends Framelits. I used the set Peaceful Pines to stamp the trees in Crumb Cake ink onto Pear Pizzazz Cardstock, and cut them out with the coordinating Perfect Pines Framelits. I used Crumb Cake Cardstock to cut out his arms and the tree trunks~which are made from the candy cane framelit included. I then proceeded to layer the snow drifts and attach to the DSP with Dimensionals. I attached the trees by adding a Glue Dot to the bottom of the tree trunk and stacking Dimensionals onto the back of the trees. I colored the snowman's nose with a Pumpkin Pie Marker, colored his cheeks with Pink Pirouette ink and a q-tip, and added Regals Candy Dots for his buttons.

I stamped the sentiment in Real Red ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and ran an additional piece through the Big Shot using the Bitty Banners Framelits. I cut the banner in half and attached under the sentiment using Dimensionals. I adhered it to the lid with Glue Dots and added a few sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. I then wrapped a piece of Real Red 1/8" Striped Ribbon around the lid and tied a bow. I added some of the adorable Real Red Pompom Trim and strung a piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine through one of the Snowflake Elements. I had to use the Paper-piercing Tool to make the hole a little bigger for the twine to fit through. I tied the twine in a knot before I tied it to the ribbon so it would lay better. Finally, I attached a magnet to the back and paired it with a Starbucks gift card, which I figured would be gladly received after the madness of the past month:)

This ended up being my favorite project of the month, even though it was the most challenging. As I mentioned earlier, today is the last day to order from the Holiday Catalog. The following are products that I used on the 4 Creative Crew projects that will be retiring:
*Snowflake Elements
*Real Red 1/8" Striped Ribbon
*Real red Pompom Trim
*Season of Cheer Washi Tape
*Home For Christmas Enamel Dots

There's still time to order from the Holiday Catalog, but today's the last day. You can go here to get what you want before it's gone for good:  www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net. Click on Holiday Retiring List. Here are the items that are already gone:(
*Witching Decor Project Kit
*Home For Christmas DSP
*Jingle All the Way Bundle-both stamp sets & Sleigh Ride Edgelits
*Gold & Silver Cording Trim
*Reindeer Paper Clips
*Season of Cheer DSP
*A Little Something Bundle-both stamp sets & Square Pillow Box Thinlits
*Woodland Embossing Folder-But it will be available again with the next Annual Catalog in June

Still working on my blinkie thing to get you to the gallery to see the other projects-hopefully tomorrow. I've got a couple more projects to share so make sure to swing by tomorrow. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You are really rockin' these projects for the Creative Crew Design Team this month Laura!
    This one is my favorite!!! As always, I love the detail that you put into the composition of your cards and crafts. Well done my friend!!!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Barbara for your always-encouraging words:)

    ReplyDelete