Tuesday, January 5, 2016

ONE GREAT YEAR PAPER PUMPKIN:

Hello there! I just finally got to my Paper Pumpkin over the week-end. And I am loving it! It's a little calendar on a gold easel with 4 different designs. I couldn't bear to cut up the pages to make alternate projects with, so I had to do a little improvising. I'll share them in a minute.

This is the stamp set included in the kit along with a Soft Suede spot. Isn't this the most adorable font? I couldn't love it any more!

Here's the second design.

The third design.

And the fourth.

Sorry this picture is so crappy, but this is one of my favorite kits so far. Apparently lots of others thought so too, as the refill sold out almost as soon as it was available.

Here is one of the alternative cards that I came up with. As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't cut up the paper that came with the kit, so I used other DSP or made my own. I started with a Whisper White base and added a piece of English Garden DSP on top. On top of that I added a piece of Bohemian DSP.

I made a tag using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch with a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I used the set Wetlands with Soft Suede & Rich Razzleberry. I added one of the leftover banners and a piece of Gold Fancy Foil Vellum to the base and ran a piece of Bohemian Washi Tape over the top.

I stamped off the dot design on one of the leftover banners and adhered it to the bottom of the tag. I attached the tag to the gold banner with Dimensionals.

I then finished the card with a leftover flower and baker's twine from the kit.

I got the idea for this card from Debbie Henderson @ www.debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com.
I started with a Hello Honey base and used the same ink for the background. I made my own DSP by using one of the flower shapes from the die-cut sheet to add the dots randomly onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I used Mossy Meadow ink and a Sponge Dauber.

Next, I wrapped a piece of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine around the card and tied a bow. I folded a Tea Lace Doily in half and adhered to the DSP with SNAIL. I ran a piece of In Color Washi Tape over the top and added various banners made with Hello Honey Cardstock, English Garden DSP and left over gold banners.

I used the set Endless Thanks for the sentiment and stamped it in Melon Mambo ink onto one of the leftover banners. I attached it with Dimensionals.

I finished the card off by adding one of the leftover flowers with a Dimensional.


I got inspiration for this card from www.stampinup.com. I started with a Hello Honey base and used English Garden DSP. I attached the papers with SNAIL and wrapped a piece of twine around them and tied a bow. I added Dimensionals to the back and adhered to the base.

The sentiment is from Tin of Cards in Hello Honey ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. I cut a piece of a Tea Lace Doily and attached it underneath the banner.

I added a leftover flower with a Dimensional and added a Basic Rhinestone to the center.

I sent this to a friend who shares a New Year's Eve birthday with my hubby:)

And this is my most favorite alternate project. I got the idea from the SU! site as well, and made a couple minor changes. I started with a Pool Party base and stamped the months onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock using Calypso Coral ink.

I added a layer of Bermuda Bay Cardstock underneath and adhered to the base. I stamped january a second time onto Calypso Coral Cardstock and attached with SNAIL. I then used the Celebrate Today set to stamp the dots onto a piece of Crushed Curry Cardstock. I used the coordinating Balloon Framelits to cut out the balloon with the help of the Big Shot. You can bundle the set and save 15%:)

I stamped the sentiment on the balloon with Whisper White Craft ink and added White Embossing Powder over the top. I used the Heat Tool to set it and added a piece of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine. I cut out 2 of the tassels~one in Calypso Coral and the other in Silver Glimmer Paper and attached underneath the balloon with Liquid Tombow.

I added a piece of Cherry On Top Washi Tape over the cardstock and attached the balloon with Dimensionals. I finished it off by cutting out the 3 with the File Tab Edgelits in Bermuda Bay Cardstock. I attached it with Dimensional pieces and Glue Dots. I made a coordinating envelope using the Envelope Punch Board and Brights Color Collection DSP Stack. I think this is the perfect card! It's a great use for the awesome One Great Year stamp set and I love that you can customize it with the month and date. I'm sure it would make anyone feel extra special!

Notice the right hand side of my blog->. My hubby fidgeted with my widget and got my blinkie working!!! Click on it and it will take you to the Creative Crew Gallery and see all the fun ideas the other designers came up with. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment