Friday, December 11, 2015

TO YOU & YOURS TOO CARDS:

Hello there! Wow, I had planned on posting some Christmas cards well before December 11th, but life has been extra nutty lately! We went to Minneapolis last week to work in the Processing Center for Operation Christmas Child and of course we had to hit Mall of America when we were there. The rest of the week was being a shoulder to cry on for several loved ones in my family who are going through some rough times. I'm thankful that I was able to lend an ear and kleenex and some wine:) Then yesterday, I got a call that my youngest brother had a heart attack. Everything looked fine when the doctors went in, so we're wondering what had happened? We're just thankful things turned out how they did:)

So, last night was the first chance I've had to dust off some stamp sets and hopefully get a massive amount of Christmas cards made and mailed in the next week~wish me luck! This card was made with the set To You & Yours. And Sara had it right at Convention when she said this was a weird set. That was my first thought also when I saw it in the Holiday Catalog. But there's so much I really like about this set...the fonts of the sentiments, the primitive looking tree and the star images. The silhouette image seemed kinda out of place to me, but Sara made a really pretty card with it on stage and I stole some of her ideas:)

I started with a Soft Sky base and ran it through the Big Shot using the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder. I then sponged the stars with White Craft ink and a Sponge Dauber to make them pop a bit. Next I added a layer of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper to add some gorgeous sparkle. I stamped the background stars in Whisper White onto a piece of Smoky Slate Cardstock, and then the silhouette image onto a piece of Vellum Cardstock. I attached the vellum by adding Glue Dots to the edges of the Smoky Slate and covered it all with a Whisper White frame, made with the Square Framelit Dies.

I added some Whisper White craft ink to the Snowflake Element with a Sponge Dauber and then added a Winter Wonderland Embellishment on top when it was dry. I stamped the sentiment with Basic Grey Archival ink onto a strip of Smoky Slate Cardstock and layered a piece of Everyday Chic Washi Tape underneath.

I added a messy swirl of Silver Metallic Thread to the back of the snowflake with Liquid Tombow and adhered the snowflake to the frame using Glue Dots.

I was feeling guilty for being away for so long, so I thought I'd share 2 cards today:) I used the same set~To You & Yours, but this card has a totally different look. I started with a Crumb Cake base a added a layer of Merry Moments DSP.

Next I stamped the tree image with Soft Suede ink onto Mossy Meadow Cardstock, and cut it out with the Perfect Pines Framelits. I stamped the base in Soft Suede as well onto Crumb Cake Cardstock, and cut it out by hand. I stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler onto Whisper White Cardstock and stapled it to the cardstock. Once I had everything laid out where I wanted it, I stamped the star background using Soft Suede ink. I tied a bow around the cardstock using Cherry Cobbler Thick Baker's Twine and adhered the smaller Crumb Cake piece with Dimensionals. I attached the tree & base with Dimensionals as well.

I used the Cupcake Builder Punch to make the ornaments on the tree with Soft Suede Cardstock. I had Cherry Cobbler ornaments  initially, but it was too gawdy to me so I had to yank them off. I tied a piece of Linen Thread through one of the Home For Christmas Buttons, and added it to the top of the tree using Glue Dots.

So what started out as a weird looking set, turned out to be a really versatile set~I love when that happens:)

Also, I wanted to let you know about the YEAR-END SALE that is going on through January 4th. Some of the Holiday Catalog items have been discouned up to 40% off,  and more Clearance Rack items have been added-up to 60% off! Check it out here:

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=100300
Or go to: www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net

As always, these deals are as supplies last, so if you're wanting to take advantage of the savings, you better act fast. I'll be putting in an order on Sunday night, so if you're wanting anything, please let me know ASAP!

I wanted to leave you with a few photos of what we've been up to lately:

We collected all the leftovers and had our own Packing Party to fill shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. Both of our dads came and helped:)




Can you find Q?


We ended up packing over 100 shoeboxes!

Then we were off to Minneapolis to work at the Processing Center.

Our poor Joel has a broken heart here:(, but it's amazing how helping someone else out takes your mind off of things for awhile:)

Welp I've only got a few hours to try to get some cards made before 2 of our little elves come and hang out with us tonight. And speaking of elves...

We've been trying to catch one!

Drats! That sneaky one got away with the cookie again! Maybe tonight.....

Stop back tomorrow for a pair of cards made with Festive Fireplace. Thanks so much for stopping by:)










No comments:

Post a Comment