Monday, December 14, 2015

OH, WHAT FUN CARDS:

Hello there! Sharing a couple more cards with you today. I'm cramming as many as I can into the next few days in case there's anybody else out there like me who's needing some last minute ideas:). Both cards today and tomorrow's cards feature the stamp set Oh, What Fun and Home For Christmas DSP. They all require a little bit of cutting, but they're worth the extra effort:) Today's card was inspired...well pretty much copied exactly, from a Make & Take project from Convention.

I started with a Real Red base and stamped the sentiment with the same onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I cut out one of the cute little Santas with my Paper Snips and adhered him with Dimensionals. I then added a piece of luxurious Very Vanilla Subtle Stripes Ribbon which I stapled in place. Underneath this, I added another coordinating piece of DSP, and then another under that. You could probably get by with just using a couple of narrow strips and adhereing each to the ends of the Pool Party paper instead of using 1 piece as I did, but I figured I'd never get it straight, especially with the diagonal design.

I finished off this adorable card with a Home For Christmas Button adorned with a Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine bow.

Aside from the cutting, this was a super quick & easy card which would be great for any of you under the gun like me:)

Here's another fairly quick & easy card using the tree image. I started with a Real Red base again and ran it through the Big Shot using the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. I cut out the tree and presents with my Paper Snips and used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to go over the garland. I then sprinkled it with Silver Glitter and set is aside to dry. I masked off the bottom of the banner image with a post-it note and inked the stamp with Delightful Dijon ink. I removed the post-it note and stamped the starburst image at the top of the cardstock.

I adhered the Delightful Dijon piece to another coordinating design of Home For Christmas DSP, and then a piece of Schoolhouse DSP underneath that. I then attached the tree and some of the presents with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment in Real Red onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and attached with Dimensionals as well.

Next, I thread a piece of Linen Thread through one of the Home For Christmas Buttons and attached it with Glue Dots. Under the sentiment I added a 1/4" Silver Ribbon bow to a Very Vintage Button and attached with a Dimensional. I found the layout for this card design on Pinterest but forgot to write down who made it~sorry:(

I hope these are giving you some last-minute inspiration for your cards or gift-giving. And I really hope I'm not the only one doing all of this last minute! And remember...there's still time to get these products before they retire...some up to 60% off! Go to : www.lauramellinger.stampinup.net to get them before they're gone!  Make sure to stop back tomorrow for a couple more cards made with this stamp set and DSP. I'm hoping to get a couple Peaceful Pines, Snow Place & Lots of Joy cards out soon as well...we'll see! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

1 comment: