Sunday, October 18, 2015

SWEET STACK CARD:

Hello there! Here's a fun birthday card I'm making for our church Card Ministry using the set Sweet Stack. Our demonstrator magazine had this idea for us a few months ago and I loved it. It works for everybody! I started with a Crumb Cake base and used the coordinating Cutie Pie Thinlits to cut out the balloons and adhere them randomly.

I stamped the background image with Bermuda Bay ink onto Pool Party Cardstock, stamping off towards the bottom. I stamped the balloon tail with Whisper White Craft ink and heat-embossed it with White Embossing Powder. I then stamped the balloon with Crushed Curry ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and cut it out. I stamped the balloon image again with Watermelon Wonder ink again and cut out the 'celebrate' using my Paper Snips. This card ended up being more involved than it looked. I'm not looking forward to cutting out 12 of them 'celebrate's!

I then adhered them to the banner with Dimensionals.  I added a messy Silver Metallic Thread swirl behind the balloon and then attached it to the banner with Dimensionals. Instead of cutting out the Watermelon Wonder bows, I used the bows I had leftover from the Sweet Stack Project Kits I made awhile back. I adhered the bow with Glue Dots.

I finished the card off with a few sequins I took off of the Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim and adhered with Glue Dots. It's crazy how this looks like such a simple card, but it actually took a little work. Hopefully I can find some time soon to knock a dozen of these out! Check back tomorrow for more details about the 15% OFF STAMP SALE which starts tomorow! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment