Tuesday, September 29, 2015

HOWL-O-WEEN KRAFT TREAT BAG:

Hello there! Back again today with another fun Halloween project to share with you. I saw this idea from Brandi at Convention and couldn't wait to make one. I thought you might want to too:)

You start with a Kraft Tag A Bag Gift Bags and trim the jagged edge off the top and trim a hair off the bottom, just so the bag will open.

Score the bag at 1 1/4" from the bottom and fold.


Open the bottom of the bag and fold the ends into triangles as shown to create a gusset.

Fold each side to the the center line.

Seal the seam with washi tape or scotch tape.

Now you have a bag that will stand up or will hold a bulkier item.

To decorate the bag, I used the Dots & Stripes Decorative Mask along with Whisper White Craft ink and a Sponge Dauber. I used the Howl-o-ween Treat stamp set and the coordinating Boo To You Framelits to cut everything out. The owl was stamped in Tangelo Twist, the hat in Basic Black Archival ink and the sentiment was cut from Rich Razzleberry Cardstock. I added a piece of Happy Haunting DSP to the top with a strip of the yummy Black Glimmer Paper underneath. I added a Gold Sequin Trim band and star cut from Gold Glimmer Paper.


I added some Into the Woods Cotton Ribbon for the handles and attached the owl using Crushed Curry Baker's Twine. Tip: I stapled the handles first and then added the DSP over the top. I used a couple of Dimensionals to keep the owl where I wanted him. This is the perfect project if you're wanting to give a gift with a little substance. I've got more ideas coming so make sure to stop back again tomorrow. Thanks so much for coming by!

2 comments: