Wednesday, September 30, 2015

CANDY CORN TREAT BAG:

Hello there! Back again with another fun project that I stole from Brandi at Convention:) I used the same steps as yesterday's post to make the gusseted bag, but today I used a Sketched Dots Tag A Bag Gift Bag~boy that's a mouthful! Once I got the trimming and taping done, I used a scrap piece of cardstock and masked off the top third of the bag. I then took a Daffodil Delight Stamp Pad and stamped it directly onto the bag. I then took a tissue and wiped off the excess ink. I then moved the scrap cardstock down 2/3's of the way, covering the yellow section, and stamped Tangelo Twist onto the bottom third of the bag. I wiped off the excess ink and was then left with an adorable candy corn bag.

I then stamped the sentiment using Basic Black Archival ink onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and used the Circles Framelits to cut it out. I layered it on top of a Spider Web Doily using Dimensionals, and adhered the doily to the bag. I made the handles by tearing off approximately 8" of Happy Haunting Washi Tape for each handle, folded it over on top of itself and adhered it to the the bag with Glue Dots. I then attached the gorgeous new White Glitter Ribbon around the top of the bag with Tear & Tape. I tied a knot around one of the handles using the Silver Metallic Thread and attached the spider to it with a Dimensional. I stamped the pumpkin in Tangelo Twist and attached it with a Dimensional as well. I used the coordinating Boo To You Framelits to cut out the spider and pumpkin.

I finished it off with a bow made with 1/8" Silver Ribbon, and adhered with a Glue Dot. This was such a fun technique and I'm sure I'll be making many more for all my little munchkins:) I've still got lots more to share, so make sure to stop back again tomorrow. Thanks so much for coming by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment