Tuesday, August 4, 2015

SIMPLY SNOWFLAKE NOVEMBER 2014 PAPER PUMPKIN:

Hello there! Back again with another past Paper Pumpkin from last November, called Simply Snowflake. Hopefully we're not going to be seeing any snowflakes for awhile:)

Here's the stamp set included in the kit, along with a Lost Lagoon Spot.

Here's the card made according to the instructions.

And the inside.

While I love Lost Lagoon and Soft Sky, I didn't like the Lost Lagoon ink~I preferred the more subtle Smoky Slate.

For this card, I cut off one of the top panels and made a pocket card. I added a Tea Lace Doily and heat-embossed the top of the card using Whisper White Craft ink and White Embossing Powder.

I added some of the washi tape and a silver snowflake die-cut, included in the kit.

For this card, I started with a Lost Lagoon base. I stamped the background with Whisper White Craft ink and cut apart a couple of snowflakes to make the trees. I cut the snow from Whisper White Cardstock and added Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to both using the 2-Way Glue Pen. I put a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper behind one of the tags included in the kit, and adhered to the base. I added a pair of Real Red cardinals made with the Tree & Owl Builder Punches.

I started with another Lost Lagoon base and used the Berry Basket Die for the scallop edge. I cut squares from the Subtles Color Cllection and adhered them in 2 rows on the base. I then popped the snowflakes out of the silver die-cut sheet and laid it on top of the DSP squares using Dimensionals. I added the tag and other elements included with the kit.

I was kinda going for a funky & fresh approach with this card~think Target...not sure if I pulled it off, but it was kind of fun attaching the letters without worrying if they were straight or evenly spaced. I used the letters that I punched out of the tags and attached using Liquid Tombow. I added the silver reinforcers and used the 1/4" Circle Handheld Punch to make a hole in the centers, going through the top layer of Soft Sky Cardstock as well.

I had some fun with the inside by punching holes in the centers of the snowflakes and stringing them through the baker's twine, also included with the kit. I used a Glue Dot on the back of each to keep them in place.

This card was inspired by Pinterest. It's compiled of several different ideas I saw. I started with a Blushing Bride base which I ran through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain Embossing Folder. I then added a Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper banner on top. Next, I added a piece of washi tape to the top of one of the tags provided and stamped the sentiment with Smoky Slate ink. I made a wreath with the Lost Lagoon snowflake die-cuts and adhered them with Liquid Tombow. I added a Blushing Bride Cotton Ribbon bow and added some rhinestones from the kit. I used the centers from the silver reinforcers to add a little bling to the wreath.

Finally, I made this cute little snowflake box. I added a piece of DSP from the Subtles Color Collection and a Vintage Faceted Button.



I basically made a belly band with one of the snowflake card bases by scoring it at 1" from the scored lines, which will fall on the back of the card base. I scored the right snowflake as directed in the kit instructions, and used a Dimensional to hold it down. I cut the snowflake off of the left side and butt it up to the the other half, using a Dimensional to attach it.

I then made a simple box to fit inside the belly band. It measures roughly 6 1/4" x 5 1/4" to 5 1/2". I scored at 1" on each side and cut the corners as shown.


I cut one of the triangles off the ends, and adhered together using Liquid Tombow.
The first box I made had to much space around the belly band, and the second box was too tight, grrr.


I had to make another score line to make it a bit smaller, and trim the cardstock a tad, but it worked. You may be better at figuring 1/8ths than me:)

Finally, it should look something like this.

I made up 4 of the tags included in the kit, shaved a hair off one of the ends, and they found a perfect home in the box.

Okay I think that's enough for one day! I've got one last kit to share with you tomorrow and then I have a couple of other projects. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment