Thursday, August 6, 2015

BA~BEE SHOWER GIFT:

Hello there! I made this cute little gift card bag for a baby shower recently. I apologize that some of the items are retired, but you could easily make it with current products. I've debated about getting the set Honeycomb Hello, and this was another time I wished I had it, so I'm just gonna have to get the darn thing! As you'll see below, I needed a bee theme to go with the cute gift card I got.

I found a really cute gift card holder/bag at Target and bought one to make a template. It looks like a miniature gift bag, but when you open it, up slides a gift card. So cute!

The DSP is from the Subtles Color Collection and you'll need 2 sheets as the bag template is bigger than 12 x 12. I made the bee hive using the Note Tag Punch in So Saffron Cardstock. I used the Word Window and 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punches as well. I cut the scallop circle into strips and adhered them to the Note Tag base. I used the Bitty Banners Framelits to punch out the sentiment, with the help of the Big Shot.

I was racking my brain for something clever for the inside. I was going to go with something along the lines of 'Something for your little Bit O' Honey', and then this came to me(thanks to the big man upstairs:). I used the Alphabet Rotary Stamp, which is so awesome for custom sentiments.



I added this tag, but I'm not so sure about it...maybe too big and distracting? But I didn't have enough space to write a note in the bag, so it is what it is. Yeah, I should have made it smaller, but I ran out of time:(


Anyway, it was a cute idea and I hope you have luck finding it at your local Target in case you want to make one:) Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment