Wednesday, July 22, 2015

TEENY TINY WISHES BRIDAL SHOWER CARD:

Hello there! Still plugging away on my Paper Pumpkin, but one of my dear customer friends asked me to make a bridal shower card for her and I wanted to share it with you. Sorry, I couldn't get it to photograph very well, but hopefully you can see it okay. I started with a base of Shimmery White Cardstock. I've had it for years but for some reason, rarely use it. It's kind of in between white and vanilla, so it isn't an exact match to either, but it is lovely.

Next, I used 2 retired embossing folders for the frame and polka dot layer. I love these 2 folders and will probably keep using them forever:) I then found this fancy fold for the dress:  http://paperpaws.blogspot.com/2012/05/doily-dress-folds-tutorial.html. It's made with a Tea Lace Doily, and I made a second one to layer underneath to make the dress fuller and longer.

I didn't have the heart punch that she used for the bodice, but I used my Hearts Framelits...that I had in a box to sell. I guess I'm going to need to hang on to them for awhile. I then folded a piece of Whisper White Satin Ribbon in half and ironed it as it was too overwhelming for the dress as is. I tied a bow and attached it with Glue Dots.
For the bouquet, I started with a Shimmery White circle that I punched out with a 3/4" Circle Punch. I used the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack for the white flowers and added the flower from the Tree Builder Punch to the centers and for the Blushing Bride flowers. I then added Basic Pearls and adhered the flowers to the circle using Liquid Tombow. I used the Bird Builder Punch with Pear Pizzazz Cardstock for the leaves and glued them in place. Finally, I punched out a Pear Pizazz circle using the 7/8" Scallop Circle and glued the bouquet to it using Liquid Tombow.

I stamped the sentiment with Smoky Slate ink onto Shimmer White Cardstock and punched it out with the Word Window Punch. I cut one end off and glued the other end to the bouquet. I attached the bouquet to the ribbon using Glue Dots at the top and stacked Dimensionals towards the bottom.

This was a fun card to make and I see more of these in my future. Now back to my Paper Pumpkin...check back soon to see what I've come up with. Thanks so much for stopping by:)




No comments:

Post a Comment