Saturday, July 18, 2015

REMEMBERING YOUR BIRTHDAY EASEL CARD:

 
Hello there! Popping in here quick to share a fun birthday card with you. I needed a special last minute birthday card for a special little 5 year old and Carrie Rhoades came to the rescue! I found her idea and tweaked it a bit:  http://www.carriestamps.com/weblog/2013/07/birthday-cake-easel-card.html. Thanks Carrie! I'm not sure if I've made an easel card before, but it was fun to make:) I started with a piece of Watermelon Wonder Cardstock and cut & scored as Carrie instructed. I used Cherry On Top DSP and the striped paper is from the In Color Envelope Paper.

This is how it will look when it's folded. I added a layer of Whisper White Cardstock to the base and stamped it with Watermelon Wonder ink using the set Remembering Your Birthday.

For an easel card to stand up, you need something for the folded cardstock to butt up against. I used a Brights Button thread with Crushed Curry Baker's Twine on the left side and a sequin on the other side.

I made sure I stamped the top sentiment above the button so it wouldn't show when the card was folded. I scattered sequins from the Blushing Bride Sequin Trim, and attached them with Glue Dots.

I decorated the cake using Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Trim adhered to the back side of the DSP and attached strips of Blushing Bride Sequin Trim with Glue Dots over the top. I cut 1/4" strips of Cherry On Top DSP for the candles, and used the Tree Builder Punch for the flames using Crushed Curry Cardstock. I adhered them with Glue Dots. I used the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch to round the corners.

I'm excited to give Gracie her card tomorrow and even more excited to go shopping for a little girl for a change! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment