Wednesday, June 10, 2015

BAKER'S BOX HOSTESS GIFT:

Hello there! I've been looking forward to today for the past 8 days. My SU! order came with lots of brand new goodies from the brand new catalog! I usually have to wait til 6 or so in the evening, but Mr. Brown came early today:( ) I got busy right away and made this sweet little box for my Hostess this month.

I used the new Baker's Box Thinlits Die for this cute little box and one of the brand new In Colors, Mint Macaron Cardstock. You need to run the die through twice to get 2 pieces for the box, but you'll only use 1 piece of 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock. I tried out the new Tear & Tape Adhesive and I LOVE it! So much quicker and easier than Sticky Strip:) I stamped the adorable polka dots in Mint Macaron ink using the coordinating stamp set Homemade For You, and saved 15% when I bundled them together:) SU! was really generous with Bundles in the new catalog~36, if I counted correctly:)

I cut a piece of Mint Macaron Dotted Lace Trim and folded it in half. I then layered a strip of Gold Sequin Trim over the top and stapled it to the top of the box. I stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White Cardstock and used one of the thinlits that came with the box to cut it out, with the help of the Big Shot. I cut a strip from one of the sheets of the In Color Envelope Paper and adhered it on the tag. I folded a piece of a Tea Lace Doily in half and adhered it on top. I added a generous amount of Liquid Tombow to the back of the tag and looped a piece of Gold Metallic Baker's Twine over it. You have a little bit of time to fiddle with it before the glue dries and get it how you want it. I added a couple of Dimensionals to the back and attached to the box.

I inked up the stripe image with Mint Macaron ink and carefully laid a Clothespin on the stamp to get the fun diagonal stripes. Finally , I added an In Color Blossom Accent to the Clothespin using a couple of Glue Dots. The box actually holds quite a bit. I put in 8 Dove chocolates, but I think it could have held double that...but I didn't have 'double that' left to put in it:)

I can't wait to go play with the rest of my new stuff! Speaking of playing with new stuff...today is the last day to sign up for Paper Pumpkin to get your kit in time for our Pumpkin Party on July 30th! Remember, you'll save 50% off your first 2 months if you're a brand new subscriber. Go to:  www.paperpumpkin.com to sign up and select me as your demonstrator. I've got lots of yummy treats in the works and some fun surprises too. Don't miss out on all the Pumpkin Palooza fun!!! See all the details on the June 4th post. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment