Saturday, May 2, 2015

GUY GREETINGS CARD #2:

Hello there! Here's another card you'll be making with this month's CLASS OF THE MONTH:GUY GREETINGS. I had my dad and father-in-law in mind when creating this card. They are both in their early 80's, but they seem much younger. I don't know how I'd feel about receiving a card calling me a classic? but hopefully they'll know I'm referring to each of them as a class act:) I started with a Basic Grey base and added a trio of designs from the Adventure Bound DSP Stack.

I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to center the shoes and hats on the DSP using Basic Grey ink. I then used the Essentials Paper-piercing Pack, Mat & Tool to add the faux stitching with the help of a Basic Grey Marker. Next, I stamped the car image on yet another coordinating paper from the DSP Stack, and cut it out with the Big Shot using the Party Pennants Die.

I attached the pennant with Dimensionals and added a couple strips of Sweet Dreams Washi Tape. I added a Silver Basic Metal Button with a Glue Dot and wrapped some Basic Grey Baker's Twine around it. I stamped the sentiment in Smoky Slate onto Whisper White Cardstock and added a strip of DSP underneath.

I love the classic look of this card with the Basic Grey, Smoky Slate & Island Indigo color combination.

There's some retiring products on this card:
Basic Grey Stamp Pad(getting a new product, along with Basic Black)
Basic Grey Baker's Twine-50% off
Essentials Paper-piercing pack-50% off
Party Pennants Die-40% off

Time to get my jammies on and get into slug mode. I just got done with my 3 hour tour of duty with Q, and right before that we just got home from Newton~a 2 1/2 hour trek North. Our band at church played for a dedication of a new Conference Center. It was midnight last night before we got everything set up and the sound check done. And my sweet hubby just got done moving 2 refrigerators and a water heater. Time for dinner and a movie on the couch:( ) Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back here tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment