Tuesday, May 19, 2015

GRADUATION CARD IN A BOX:

Hello there! I was hoping to have been back sooner with some cards made with retiring sets, but I got a little more than I bargained for with my nephews graduation. I was supposed to do 2 display tables and a scrapbook, but I got an additional 30 tables tacked on. I decided to try my hand at a Card in a Box.

There's tons of tutorials out there and this is the one I used:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKWp-fz-ukk. The first one came together really quickly and easily, so I decided to knock out 30 of them. I kept them pretty simple as I knew I'd be under the gun.

I used Crushed Curry and Night of Navy Cardstock and ink. I did use quite a bit of retiring products, so if you think you'd like to make some, you'll need to act quickly. The retiring products will only be around until June 2, and not everything is guaranteed to be around until then. I used the set Starburst Sayings for the sentiment and the coordinating Starburst Framelits with the Big Shot to cut it out.

I used various DSPs, all of which are retiring. I made the banners and stars out of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and the Stars Framelits and Bitty Banners Framelits. I cut out the numbers with a retired alphabet die. I added a bow in Crushed Curry Baker's Twine.

I stapled some retired ribbon to some of the numbers using the Handheld Stapler and Mini Staples. I used Glue Dots to adhere the numbers to the Glimmer Paper and attached the banners to the DSP with Dimensionals. The stars are attached to the box using Window Sheets cut into small strips. I used Liquid Tombow to adhere the Window Sheet strips.

For the backs, I added some Hello Honey Stitched Satin Ribbon...

and retired Night of Navy ribbon.

I used several stamp sets-some of which are retiring, and the star from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I used the Word Bubble Framelits to cut out the sentiments. I used Beach House and Sweet Sadie Washi Tape. I finished off the boxes with some Frosted Sequins, which are available on the Clearance Rack for next to nothing.

See the end of the post for all the retiring products and discounts on some:)



Something To Say stamp set...



And the really cool thing about these Cards in a Box, is that after they've served their purpose as table decorations, they can be tucked into an envelope and mailed out to the other graduates in Kevin's class. I used the Envelope Punch Board to make custom-sized envelopes using Core'dinations Cardstock, also found on the Clearance Rack.

I'm hoping to get some other things made for the tables, so hopefully I'll get time to share them as well. Check back.

Retiring Products:
Stamp sets: Hip Notes-15% to 25% off
                  Just Sayin'-20% off wood
                  Starburst Sayings-15% to 25% off
                  Sumthin' Sumthin'
Framelits: Starburst Collection
                Word Bubbles
DSP: Regals Backgrounds DSP Stack
         Flower Pot, Sweet Taffy, Park Lane, Flashback
Washi Tape: Beach House-40% off
                    Sweet Sadie-50% off
Ribbon: Hello Honey Stitched Satin Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment