Monday, March 2, 2015

CRAZY ABOUT YOU CARD #2:

Hello there! Here's card #2 that you'll make with the March CLASS OF THE MONTH:CRAZY ABOUT YOU. I started with an Old Olive base and stamped the leaf image in the same ink. I added a piece of  Sweet Taffy DSP that I ran through the Big Shot using the coordinating Hello You Thinlits, letting the sentiment run off the edge.

I used the Spiral Border Punch with Pumpkin Pie Cardstock to create the fun little border and adhered it to the back of the DSP using SNAIL, and then attached to the card front. I used the Floral Frames Collection Framelits for the flower in Daffodil Delight Cardstock and used the 2" Circle Punch for the center using Melon Mambo Cardstock.

I then ran the circle through the Big Shot using the Chevron Embossing Folder. I added a strip of Tempting Turquoise Cardstock and stamped the sentiment in Old Olive as well. I finished it off with a Brights Button accessorized with a bow made with Crushed Curry Baker's Twine that I attached with Glue Dots.

As I mentioned yesterday, I had a hard time getting started with this stamp set. I think maybe because the fun whimsical font of the Thinlits doesn't really jive with the icky flowers. So for this card I just ignored them and made my own, lol. Make sure to stop back for another card tomorrow that features a flower that I can live with:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment