Thursday, February 12, 2015

SHELTERING TREE CARD:

Hello there! I wanted to share the last card that I made for our church card ministry. I used the set Sheltering Tree, which can be found in the Occasions Catalog. I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a layer of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. On top of that, I added a layer of Soft Suede DSP from the Neutrals DSP Stack, that I ran through the Big Shot using the Project Life Cards & Label Die to create the window (Wow! Was that an incredibly long run-on sentence or what!) I then stamped the tree image onto a piece of Lost Lagoon Cardstock using Soft Suede ink.

I then stamped the snow image on the tree using Whisper White Craft ink and heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder. I should back up a bit...I also used White Craft ink to stamp the snow image randomly on the Crumb Cake base and on the Lost Lagoon Cardstock, along with the brushstroke image to convey just how stinkin cold it is! Right now I feel like I'm sitting in a block of ice. I have to keep checking to see if the heat is even turned on. I actually look forward to working out on days like this so I can get warm! Can you get frostbite inside your house???

Okay, rant over...back to the card. I found that the smallest die from the Word Bubbles Framelits makes a perfect little snowman. I added a Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine scarf and a big heart using the Owl Builder Punch. I attached him with a Dimensional.

I added a tag using Cherry Cobbler Cardstock and wrapped a piece of the same baker's twine around it. I then used a Cherry Cobbler Marker to color each word individually and stamped them onto Very Vanilla Cardstock, cutting each word out. I attached them to the tag with SNAIL adhesive and added a Sweet Dreams Button~my most favorite eva!

One last tip...I attached the frame on this card with Glue Dots, but I went through more than a dozen of them. I had 12 cards to make and didn't want to eat that many Glue Dots, so I made an additional frame in Soft Suede Cardstock and layered it under the DSP to give it a little depth, this way I didn't have to use up all of my Glue Dots:) Thanks so much for stopping by today. Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment