Saturday, February 14, 2015

LOTUS BLOSSOM CARD:

Hello there! Happy Valentine's Day to you:) I've had this FREE Sale-a-bration set, Lotus Blossom for awhile, but have been avoiding inking it up. Not sure why. I'm not really a flower person I guess~I mean I like looking at them outside and nothing says Spring like their beautiful smells, but I don't do much of them stamping-wise. And the sentiment bugs me a little~sounds kind of awkward or something. Anyone else out there think so too? It's probably just me. But I was pleasantly surprised how this card turned out:) The flowers are so much fun to stamp!

I started with a Very Vanilla base.  I cut a piece of the same color DSP from the Neutrals DSP Stack and stamped the flowers in Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder. I have another confession~apparently I'm not a big fan of Elegant Eggplant either. The ink pad still had the shrink wrap on it from the conversion to the foam pads~from maybe a couple of years ago? I was determined today was the day to break it out! And I love how it worked with Wisteria. The flower image consists of 3 images, which are numbered and have an arrow to indicate the top. I stamped the 1st image in Elegant Eggplant, then the 2nd image in Wisteria Wonder, keeping the arrow at the top. I then stamped off the ink for the 3rd image using Wisteria again. It really turns out beautiful.

I stamped the sentiment in Wisteria Wonder as well, and stamped the stem in Wild Wasabi. The stem also has 2 images. I stamped the first full strength, and stamped off  the 2nd image. Next, I tied a bow around the DSP using Wisteria Wonder Seam Binding and slid it over to the left. I then ran a piece of Wisteria Wonder DSP from the Subtles DSP Stack through the Big Shot using the Top Note Die. I placed Dimensionals on the back and attached to the Vanilla DSP, making sure I had the bow where I wanted it. I trimmed off the ends and tucked a small piece of a Tea Lace Doily underneath.

Like I said, I was really happy with how this turned out considering how many things about it I didn't really like, lol. But one thing I did like, was that the stamp set was FREE:) You can get one for yourself with any $50 purchase during SAB, which runs through March:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment