Sunday, February 1, 2015

CLASS OF THE MONTH:FOR PEEPS' SAKE:

Hello there! So excited to share February's CLASS OF THE MONTH:FOR PEEPS' SAKE with you. The Class includes the stamp set For Peeps' Sake in clear mount, a container of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, and the kit to make these 4 cards. The kit makes 2 Easter cards and 2 other occasion cards. The cost of the class is $35 and the deadline to order is February 10th. Please email me at: lmel09@q.com to order.

This is one of the 4 cards you'll be making. I started with a Daffodil Delight base and folded it to form a pocket card. I used the Finishing Touches Edgelits along with the Big Shot to create the sweet trim on the pocket. I used the Essentials Paper-piercing Template, along with the Mat and Tool to add the detail along the edges (this part will be done for you).

I added a piece of Park Lane DSP to the pocket using SNAIL adhesive. I creased the flap with a Bone Folder and added a piece of Sticky Strip to the back and adhered. I added a thin line of Liquid Tombow Glue to the sides only of the base and adhered together to form the pocket, making sure to keep the glue to the outside of the paper-piercing. I wrapped a piece of Early Espresso Baker's Twine around card and tied a bow, and added a Vintage Faceted Designer Button with a Glue Dot.

For the insert, I started with a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and stamped the bottom sentiment in Chocolate Chip, making sure it wasn't visible above the pocket. I then stamped the sweet little peep to the far left in Daffodil Delight. I wiped the ink off of his legs with a baby wipe, colored them in with a Chocolate Chip Marker and then stamped the image. I stamped another chick body onto a piece of scrap paper, colored in his eyes with a Chocolate Chip Marker, and covered him with a 2-Way Glue Pen. I sprinkled him with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and let him sit to dry.

Next  I colored the word bubble outline from Just Sayin' using a Chocolate Chip Marker, stamped it onto a piece of Soft Sky Cardstock and cut it out with the coordinating Word Bubbles Framelits with the help of the Big Shot. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to center the sentiment perfectly, again using Chocolate Chip ink. I adhered the word bubble to the insert with SNAIL adhesive, overlapping the stamped chick a bit. I punched out a circle in Daffodil Delight using the 1" Circle Punch, and scored it in half using the Simply Scored board. I folded a piece of Early Espresso Cotton Ribbon in half and adhered folded circle and ribbon to the center of the insert with a Stapler. Finally, I cut out the little peep using Paper Snips and adhered him on top of the stamped chick using a Dimensional.

This was such a fun card to make and I hope you'll think about ordering the class so you can make a bunch for yourself. There are a few additional supplies you'll need to have on hand to complete the cards:

Daffodil Delight Stamp Pad
Chocolate Chip Stamp Pad and Marker
2013-2015 In Color Markers
2-Way Glue Pen
Glue Dots



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Make sure to come back tomorrow to see more details for making the 2nd card:)

No comments:

Post a Comment