Saturday, January 31, 2015

LOVELY AS A TREE CARD:

Hello there! Back again with a card for our church ministry. I used the set Lovely As A Tree, which hasn't seen ink in awhile. I wish I could have got it to photograph better, but hopefully you get the idea:) I started with a Perfect Plum base and cut the center out using the Apothecary Accents Framelits along with the Big Shot. I stamped the border leaf image in Perfect Plum ink as well.

Next I took a piece of Irresistibly Yours DSP~a SAB option you can get for FREE with any $50 purchase, and applied Sahara Sand ink onto it using a Brayer. The paper has a glossy white pattern which is revealed when you add color to it. I wiped the excess ink off with a tissue to make the design come alive even more. I then stamped the tree images on top using Black StazOn ink, which sticks to the glossy designs well. I adhered this piece to the inside of the card and added a layer of Vellum Cardstock on top, adhereing with Glue Dots in all 4 corners.

I used the sentiment from Sheltering Tree, found in the Occasions Catalog, stamped in Basic Black ink onto Sahara Sand Cardstock. I added a piece of Sweet Sadie Washi Tape along with a bit of a Tea Lace Doily underneath and accented the sentiment with a Silver Basic Metal Button adorned with a Silver Metallic Baker's Twine bow. Unfortunately, we needed alot of sympathy cards over the past several months, so I wanted to work on having more ready when we need them. Thanks so much for stopping by, and make sure to come back tomorrow to check out the new Class of the Month:)

No comments:

Post a Comment