Friday, October 17, 2014

HAPPY HOUR CARD:

Hello there! I wanted to share a birthday card that I made for a restaurant in town celebrating it's 17 years of business. The name of the restaurant is Martinis so I thought Happy Hour would be the perfect set to use:) Anyone who brings in a birthday card gets a prime rib dinner for only $17 and a piece of yummy birthday cake afterwards:)

I started with a Whisper White base and added a layer of Basic Grey on top. I used the cityscape image from the limited-time photopolymer set Calling All Heroes in Black StazOn onto Whisper White Cardstock, and cut it out. I then butt it up to a piece of Basic Black Cardstock, colored the windows with Daffodil Blendabilities, and adhered it. Next, I drew a Martini glass onto a piece of Vellum Cardstock using the Squares Collection Framelits as a stencil for the triangle parts. I colored the inside vellum with the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities and punched out a few bubbles using the 1/4" Circle Handheld Punch. I strategically  placed Glue Dots under the bubbles to adhere the card together and attach it to the base.

Next, I used Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay and Elegant Eggplant Markers to color each individual letter and punch each out with a 1/2" or 3/4" Circle Punch. I added a strip of Silver Glimmer Paper underneath the banner and sprinkled some st the top using the Confetti Stars Punch.

To finish it off, I made a custom envelope using the Envelope Punch Board and Confetti Celebration DSP. I colored the stamp with Basic Grey, Basic Black and Bermuda Bay Markers and stamped onto Whisper White. I used the Big Shot and Apothecary Accents Framelits to cut it out and added an In Color Clothespin to hold a piece of Crushed Curry Striped Grosgrain Ribbon in place.

I hope I was able to convey to Martinis how thankful I am to them for bringing some big city fun into our little town:)

Now, onto my next project...bagging up 1200 bags of candy for our Operation Christmas Child Packing Party next week. If you're in the area and want to help pack some shoeboxes full of goodies to send to needy kids all over the world, plan to come to First Christian Church in Burlington at 6pm. Last year we filled over 1000 shoeboxes in less than 2 hours, and we're sure to beat that this year! Hope to see you Tuesday night! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment