Wednesday, October 15, 2014

CLASS REUNION SIGN:

Hello there! I wanted to share the sign I've been working on for my father-in-law's class reunion. I was hoping one of the alphabet dies I had would work for the letters, but no such luck, they were all too small. So I got some stencils at Staples, traced them onto Elegant Eggplant Cardstock, and cut them out. I butt 2 pieces of 12 X 12 Basic Grey Cardstock together and was able to use an old alphabet die set for the banner. I cut them out of Whisper White Cardstock and adhered them with Liquid Tombow. I attached the banner with Dimensionals.

I had two sets of school colors to work with~purple & grey and purple & gold. I wasn't quite sure how to pull that off, but I decided to use the common color in the center, put the grey banner at the bottom and incorporate gold at the top...somehow. The Brushed Gold Cardstock delivered:) I used the Party Pennants Die-which I got on sale during the Weekly Deals, yay! I scored it 1" from the top, folded it and ran a long piece of Basic Grey Baker's Twine across the back of the pennant pieces. I then used Fast Fuse to adhere the flaps down. I then made rosettes from the Regals DSP Stack and added a Whisper White cirle on top and a Basic Grey circle on top of that. I used another retired alphabet die set to cut the letters out of Brushed Gold Cardstock and attached with Dimensionals.

I stuck a couple of skewers into the top of the foam core and made a couple of the pompoms from the A Little Sumthin' Sumthin' Gift Box Kit. I wrapped some washi tape around to secure them. Finally, I made 2 more larger rosettes with the year they graduated onto Brushed Gold and then Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. I added some Whisper White Satin Ribbon, Basic Grey Baker's Twine and Gold Metallic Twine.

This project was a bit of a challenge, but Grandpa loved how it turned out, so all is good:) Make sure to stop back for another project tomorrow. Thanks so much for coming by:)


No comments:

Post a Comment