Thursday, September 18, 2014

PAPILLON POTPOURRI CARD:

Hello there! Back with another card to share. I substituted this card for the Fall Fest one I posted earlier for our church Card Ministry. I figured they'd get more use out of a Get Well card than a Halloween one. I used the set Papillon Potpourri and Thoughts & Prayers for the sentiment. I started with a So Saffron base. I then used Sponge Daubers and inked up a clear block with rows of color in Soft Suede, So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe & Pear Pizzazz, spritzed the block with alcohol and stamped onto the cardstock. I kind of smeared it back and forth a bit and came up with this cool watercolor background. Next I added a strip of Watercolor Wonder Washi Tape.



I then folded a Tea Lace Doily in half and added a piece of Gold Fancy Foil Vellum that I cut out with the Ovals Collection Framelits and Big Shot. I used the framelits again to cut out a piece of Color Me Autumn DSP and layered it on top. Next I stamped the butterfly image on a Window Sheet with White StazOn ink and punched it out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch. I added one of the adorable mini paperclips from the Basics Hodgepodge Clips and tied a bow around it using Linen Thread.

For the finishing touch, I sprinkled on a few sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim and attached them with Glue Dots. Now I'm off to work on some table decorations for a tea party we're having at our church on Saturday. I'll make sure to take pictures and share when I'm done:) Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment