Thursday, August 7, 2014

SIX-SIDED SAMPLER CARD:

Hello there! I'm still waiting to get my hands on some brand new stuff from the Holiday Catalog, so in the meantime I thought I'd work with some of the sets that I've neglected. This card is made with Six-Sided Sampler, which I've had for a long time but could never figure out what to do with it. I don't like geometric or modern or contemporary designs, so I'm not really sure why I even got this set. I think it was just for the font of this sentiment! Anywhoo, I was looking around on Pinterest and saw a card made similar to this and I really liked it:) I started with a Crumb Cake base and used Gold Soiree DSP.

I don't know what's gotten in to me this month, but every card I've made is super quick & easy. Sorry dear card ladies, I always seem to save the challenging ones for you when we get together:( I stamped one of the hexagons in Calypso Coral~ink & cardstock, but for the rest I used the DSP. The Hexagon Punch made it a snap. Actually, it did take me awhile to get the right configuration of patterns down. I'm not even going to tell you how many times I moved everything around til I got it the way I wanted it.

I stamped the sentiment in Garden Green onto Whisper White Cardstock and glued one end to a toothpick to make a sweet little pennant. I added a Tangerine Tango Baker's Twine bow to the top and adhered with Dimensionals. I sprinkled a couple of In Color Sequins around and that's all there is to this one. I did struggle a bit with placemant of the sequins as you can tell by the ripped-up cardstock. I always have to find a way to make things more difficult than they need to be:/

You may not hear from me for a few more days~I'm getting ready for a big Garage Sale. 9 boxes of SU! stuff so far! If you're in the neighborhood next week-end, you'll definitely want to check it out! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment