Sunday, June 1, 2014

BABY, WE'VE GROWN CARD:

Hello there! Here is the last of the cards we'll be making at Card Night this Thursday. I'm so glad this set~Baby, We've Grown carried over from the Occasions Catalog. I just think these owls are a hoot:) I started with a Coastal Cabana base and broke out the brand new Lullaby DSP. I used the Scalloped Tag Topper for the tag and tied a bow through it using the Thick Baker's Twine in Coastal Cabana as well.  I used the Banner Punch on both ends of the stripe piece to achieve the arrow, I just put one end of the DSP through the top of the punch.

I've been really excited to get my hands on the new Blendabilities. They really do a great job of covering larger areas. I didn't spend a lot of time working with them yet, but I love the versatility of them. Can't wait to color some Rhinestones and Pearls with them-buttons too! I love that the Color Lifter lets you remove some of the ink to create highlights. I used the Skin Tone Assortment for the bodies and the Coastal Cabana & Daffodil Delight Assortments for the clothes.

***The lids fit pretty snug to keep them from drying out, and they need to be put back on carefully so the tips don't get damaged. I slowly align the cap to the marker before I snap it on. It's best to kind of slide the marker into the cap horizontally, and DEFINITELY A NO-NO TO BANG IT ONTO THE TABLE TO GET THE CAP ON! You also need to use a light touch with these markers. Believe me, plenty of ink comes out and it will help preserve the life of the tips. I've read about how some demonstrators have had their markers ruined the first time they were used:(

You need to use Memento Ink with Blendabilities, and we now carry it along with the Refill. I used the stamp set Just Sayin' for the sentiment and Word Bubbles Framelits to cut it out with the help of the Big Shot. I stamped the sentiment in Baked Brown Sugar onto Hello Honey Cardstock and attached it with a Dimensional. For the inside, I used the brand new Alphabet Rotary Stamp-FUN! There were just enough characters to spell out WELCOME BABY with a heart at the end:) It will be fun to create any kind of sentiment that I need. Make sure to check back in a couple of days for some more fun projects using brand new goodies! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment