Saturday, May 3, 2014

OH, HELLO CARD:

Hello there! Here's another card from Card Night using Oh, Hello~another retiring set. As of now, it's still available in wood and clear. I started with a Daffodil Delight base and layered it with Whisper White. I stamped the chevron image in Melon Mambo sing the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get them aligned evenly. Next, I added a strip of Gingham Garden Washi Tape using the chevrons to line it up. I stamped the oval design in Daffodil Delight and used the Ovals Framelits along with the Big Shot to cut it out.

I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy and added another piece of Washi Tape to attach the oval. I then wrapped a piece of Island Indigo Baker's Twine around the cardstock. Then for the really fun part...I used the Fringe Scissors for the very first time and stacked Night of Navy on top of Melon Mambo Cardstock and adhered them to the back. I was kind of on the fence about the scissors~I figured I can just cut the fringe by hand, but the scissors are so much more fun! Several of my Card Ladies thought the same thing:)

I used the Grid Paper to align the top piece of Washi Tape evenly and then attached the Whisper White piece with SNAIL. I finished the card off by adding the sweet little flower using Melon Mambo & Pear Pizzazz Markers, and attaching it with a Dimensional. Kinda sad to say farewell to this set too, but I'm sure I'll find something in the new catty to replace it:)
Retiring products:
Oh, Hello stamp set
Gingham Garden Washi Tape
Island Indigo Baker's Twine

 Check back tomorrow for another card from a retiring set that I'm really going to miss:( Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment