Thursday, May 1, 2014

DUDE TREAT BOX:

Hello there! I just got home and unloaded from Card Night. I must have went a little easier on them tonight~I got home early! This is the extra project Club Members and Downline made. Shelli posted this idea on her blog awhile back and I thought it was a perfect fit for Father's Day coming up~thank you Shelli:) I started with a Decorative Window Box and cut the front flap off. I cut the sides of the front of the box, but kept enough so I could fold it down to make an opening for the Chevron Bag to fit into. I used Sticky Strip to hold the flap down and used it on both sides of the piece with the window in it.

I cut out a piece of Basic Black Core'dinations with the Starburst Framelits and Big Shot. I then layered a piece of Burlap Ribbon on top and stapled it to the box. I used the stamp set Dude, You're Welcome and stamped the sentiment in Basic Grey. I used the framelits to cut out the circle. I stamped the image again, cut it out and attached it on top of the other using Dimensionals. I used the set Starburst Sayings for the smaller sentiment and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to align it up perfectly on an Essentials Wooden Element. I put a Glue Dot on the bottom of the wooden element and stacked 2 Dimensionals on the back to accommodate the different layers.

Next, I filled up a Tag A Bag Gift Bag with peanuts in the shell and wrapped a piece of Linen Thread around it and tied it up with a bow. I was so thrilled Shelli shared this project and I hope it helps give you some ideas for the special dudes in your life. Make sure to check back tomorrow for a card we made tonight. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment