Thursday, April 10, 2014

SPIRAL FLOWER FAVORS:

Hello there! I wanted to share these little favors that I made for each of the gals who came to Card Night last week. I used the Spiral Flower Die from the Occasions Catalog. Instead of working from the small end, I started at the larger end. First I used a Bone Folder along the flower to make it a little more pliable and it helps it to form a spiral. I overlapped the end slightly onto the next petal using a hot glue gun. I punched out a 1" Circle in the same color as the flower, loaded it up with hot glue and worked the spiral around onto it, keeping my thumb in the center of the flower.

I had to add a little more glue to the end, as it dried too fast. It takes a little practice-my first few were a mess! Once I got the basic flower, I kind of smashed it down with my palm and folded the petals down. I took the wide end of the Bone Folder and flattened out the center. I took a piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock and punched out a circle using the 1 3/4" Circle Punch. I used my Paper Snips to cut slits all the way around and folded them in towards the center. I adhered it to the center of the flower using the glue gun and used the Bone Folder again to flatten the center.

I stuck a Hershey's kiss in the center with a Dimensional~you may need to stack a couple. Next, I punched out 2 leaves using the Large Oval Punch and Polka Dot Parade DSP. I attached the flower to a tag made with the set Tag It and cut it out with the Chalk Talk Framelits.

I colored the tool with a Smoky Slate Marker and the sentiment  and handle in Rose Red. I also made some with Perfect Plum and Primrose Petals. I think the flowers will be much easier to make without the kisses in the center. I'll have to give it a try:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment