Tuesday, April 1, 2014

SEE YA LATER CARDS:

Hello there! I wanted to get these cards posted last night, but the kids brought over stuff to cook-out, even S'mores:) So I didn't get these finished. I know several of you got the See Ya Later set as your SAB gift, so here's a couple more ideas for you:) I pretty much CASED a card by Jen Timko@ www.stampinonthefly.com. It's a really simple card but the alligator makes it so fun. I started with a Pool Party base and added a strip of Gumball Green Cardstock. On top of that is a layer of Epic Day DSP. I added a border made with the Tasteful Trim Die and adhered it to the Gumball before I attached it to the base.

I used the Perfect Pennants Die along with the Big Shot to cut out the alligator's head. To make it in one piece, you need to fold the Gumball Green Cardstock in half and place it on the die, making sure you keep it underneath the cutting edge. I used the smallest triangle. After I cut it out, I ran it through the SAB Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. I used the Tasteful Trim Die for his teeth and adhered them with Liquid Tombow. I cut out an additional triangle to lay over the teeth.

I added a Pool Party heart inside made with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. I used the Owl Builder Punch to pop out a couple of eyes using the largest circles. I glued them to the back of the head and added a pair of googlie eyes.

I stamped the sentiment in Gumball Green and cut out the tag using the Chalk Talk Framelits. I added a piece of 7/16" Trim and attached it with Dimensionals. On the inside, I stamped the sentiment: I Miss You Already from Really Good Greetings.

And I found this sweet & simple card made by Miriam Castanto Bollinger, otherwise known as brasilmom@ www.mstampinwithyou.blogspot.com. She had used different patterns of the SAB Sweet Sorbet DSP, but I didn't have any of it left, so I had to use what I had. Hers is much prettier, but I thought this could work for a guy~maybe lose the bows and add a button instead?

I started with a Summer Starfruit base and added a piece of Sweet Sorbet DSP. I added a coordinating piece and notched out the bottom to make a pennant. I stamped the sentiment in Sahara Sand onto Whipser White Cardstock, but before I stamped, I used a baby wipe to remove the ink from the cake and colored it with Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party & Summer Starfruit Markers.

I finished it off with 2 pieces of the chunky twine from the SAB Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack, and adhered the bow with a Glue Dot. I'm sad to say good-bye to some of this year's SAB offerings, but I know we'll have lots to look forward to with the upcoming catalog:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment