Sunday, April 27, 2014

BRIGHT BLOSSOMS CARD:

Hello there! I'm hoping this bright & sunny card will bring a little sunshine to this dark & gloomy day. I used the retiring set Bright Blossoms. I love the framed picture the artist made in the catalog using this set, so I just converted it to a card. I would have preferred to use Baja Breeze for the base, but we won't go there:( I started with a Soft Sky base and ran it through the Big Shot using the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder. I was so sad to see this folder on the Retiring List~it's one I'm going to hang on to for a long time.

I used the Label Love stamp set for the frame. I covered up the sentiment with a post it note, stamped the frame in Soft Sky and punched it out with the coordinating punch. The sentiment is from Fabulous Phrases, which is already gone in clear, I think. I stamped it in Melon Mambo ink. I stamped the flower image in Pear Pizzazz onto the label using the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I stamped the image again in Daffodil Delight and used the Owl Builder Punch and Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack to punch out the circles. I attached them with Dimensionals.

I layered a piece of Gingham Garden DSP to the base and added a layer of Whisper White that I poked 2 small holes into. I attached a Vintage Trinket safety pin, which was not an easy task. I don't know how the artist did it without mangling the paper like I did? Finally, I tied a bow to the safety pin using Linen Thread, which isn't as easy as it looks either. I cut a longer piece than you would think you would need (after the first one was too short), and adhered it to the back of the label with SNAIL. I tied the bow and then removed the thread from the adhesive and cut it in half. I held each end of thread down with a Dimensional, added a couple more and adhered it to the cardstock. It looks like a very simple card, but kinda really wasn't at all. I'll have to save this one for someone really special, because I don't think I'll be making more.

Here's the retiring items:
Bright Blossoms & Fabulous Phrases stamp sets
Gingham Garden DSP
Framed Tulips Embossing Folder
Vintage Trinkets
Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (being reconfigured)

I'm going to try to get another card posted tonight or in the morning. I'm going to Des Moines for the next 2 days to go to the Catalog Premiere Launch! That means I'll have the brand-spanking new catalog tomorrow! And I'll be able to share it with you on Thursday at Card Night:) Yay! I'll fill you in when I get back on Tuesday. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment