Monday, March 3, 2014

TAG TOPPER EASTER TREATS:

Hello there! I usually wait til after Card Night to post the projects we make, but I was just too excited to share these little cuties. I'd like to thank Sandi MacIver for the inspiration for these. You can see her original idea and video here:http://stampingwithsandi.com/egg-crates-created-with-the-scalloped-tag-topper-punch/
I knew I was going to be needing something for my little grandbuddies, and the flowers weren't going to cut it, so I came up with these instead. My Club Members and downline who attend Card Night this week will get to make one of these. I figured you may need some time to figure out which one you'll want to make:)

For the chick I used Daffodil Delight Core'dinations and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock. I used the Modern Label Punch for his wings and feet, rounding the edges. For his beak I used the Ticket Duo Builder Punch. I used the Simply Scored to score two lines in the center. I folded them and added Liquid Tombow to the back of the rectangle shape only, and attached to the Core'dinations. When it was dry, I used my Paper Snips to give him a little beak. I used Crisp Cantaloupe ink with a Q-Tip to add his cheeks, and added a pair of googlie eyes.

I followed Sandi's instructions for the egg holder inside and added a Cadbury egg.

I added a little tail to the back using the Merry Minis Punch Pack.

I finished him off with a piece of chunky twine from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack.

For the bunny I used Whisper White Core'dinations and Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock. The twine is another color included in the accessory pack. I used the Owl Builder Punch for his nose, mouth and cheeks or whatever they're called? And the Modern Label Punch again for his feet. I used the Large Oval and Word Window Punches for his ears.

I used the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack for his tail~I used the full flower shape and attached it with a Dimensional.

Sandi used the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, but I didn't order mine before the backorder, so I used the Angled Tag Topper Punch instead and I think it worked out just as well. These little guys were so much fun to make~I hope you'll give them a try too! Make sure to stop back later in the week for lots of cards and another Easter project. Thanks so much for stopping by:)



No comments:

Post a Comment