Monday, March 10, 2014

LIFE IN THE FOREST CARD:

Hello there! As promised, here's an Easter card made with the set Life In The Forest. I love the fun little critters in this set:) I used one of the Easter cards(p.15) from the Occasions Catalog as inspiration for this. I substituted this sweet little bunny for the one in Eggstra Spectacular, as I don't care for that set as well. I didn't act fast enough to get the Scallop Tag Topper Punch before it went on backorder, so I used the Angled Top instead.

I started with a Pistachio Pudding base and added some SAB Sweet Sorbet DSP. I added a strip of Summer Starfruit Satin Ribbon to the back with SNAIL and did the same on the bottom with Crisp Cantaloupe Ruffled Trim.

I inked up the Brayer with Sahara Sand ink and added a little color to one of the Tea Lace Doilies. I used Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Pool Party Markers to color the dots from the toadstool image for the background. I stamped the bunny in Sahara Sand onto Pool Party Cardstock and punched it out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. I added a banner of Crisp Cantaloupe and stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. I used the chunky twine from the SAB Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack and attached the tag with Dimensionals. I added a piece of Natural Chevron Ribbon underneath and added an In Color Boutique Details embellishment to finish off the card.

Initially I had planned to have the bunny on top of an egg that I punched out with the Extra-Large Oval Punch, but it looked goofy, so I went with Plan B instead. I think it worked out okay. I have a couple more Easter treat holders to share with you, so make sure to check back here tomorrow. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment