Wednesday, January 1, 2014

SNOW DAY CARD:

Hello there and Happy New Year to you! I hope you're getting a chance to relax and enjoy the day:) As for me, I've been a slug long enough, and I'm ready to get things rolling in this new year:) This is one of the cards we'll be making at Card Night tomorrow. I don't usually like to post the cards beforehand, in case someone thinks they're ugly and decide not to come, lol. But I wanted to remind you that the Holiday Catalog goes away tomorrow night, and if you haven't got this little snowman cutie yet, you better act fast:)

I started with a Pool Party base and used the brand new SAB Decorative Dots Embossing Folder in Whisper White for the background. I added some Season Of Style DSP, which is going away as well. I stamped the snowman in Whisper White Craft ink onto Crumb Cake Cardstock and cut him out with the Circles Collection Framelit Dies using the Big Shot.


I stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler and hand cut it out following the design of the font. I attached all the pieceswith Dimensionals. I ran a piece of Early Espresso Stitched Ribbon around the card and tied a bow. I used the 1/2" and 3/4" Circle Punches for the snowflakes.


The inside holds a packet of hot chocolate which is the perfect little treat to help a friend survive this time of year. For this, I satrted with a 11 1/2" X 5 1/4" piece of cardstock and scored it at 3 3/4", 4" and 7 3/4". For the pocket panel, I measured up 1 1/2" and cut a diagonal to the opposite corner. I laid the cardstock flat and attached a strip of DSP to decorate the pocket and then trimmed off the ends. I used Sticky Strip along the bottom and short side to seal the pocket. I used the set Oh, Goodie for the inside sentiment.

I also have a Bonus Project at Card Night for Club Members and attending members of my downline. It also features some products from the retiring Holiday Catalog:


Each of them will get to make this sweet little treat holder. I just noticed that I have naked nuggets! The horror! Rest assured, your nuggets will not be naked:) We'll use the Real Red Goodie Gear Kit which I've adapted to work for Valentine's Day and the Hostess set Perfectly You. I stamped the heart in Real Red onto Whisper White Cardstock and cut it out with the Big Shot and Hearts A Flutter Framelits. I stamped the 'valentine's' in Island Indigo onto Pool Party Cardstock and cut it out by hand. I attached the Pool Party banner with Glue Dots. Next, I took the white banner included in the kit and covered it with the Real Red sticker, also included. I just trimmed off the excess cardstock and notched out the ends. I attached it to the back of the heart with a Glue Dot and attached the finished piece to the Crumb Cake tag provided.


I put the 'wrapped' nuggets in the cellophane bag and tied a bow with the Island Indigo Baker's Twine included. I simply attached the tag around the bag and done! Super quick and easy...and cute!

Make sure you look through the Holiday catalog one more time to see if there's anything you want to get before it's gone for good. I've got lots and lots of projects to share with you, so make sure to check back again tomorrow. Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy your day and the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment